Jan 27, 2012

Movie Review: Courageous

"One of the most moving films I have ever seen!"
Franklin Graham, President/CEO Billy Graham Evangelical Association and Samaritan's Purse
Product image

Courageous was amazing. There was so much talent in this movie, and so much meaning.

There was drama, emotion, and humor.




Starring Alex Kendrick Alex Kendrick
Renee JewellRenee Jewel
Ken BevelKen Bevel
Robert AmayaRobert Amaya
Eleanor BrownEleanor Brown
Angelita NelsonAngelita Nelson
Kevin DownesKevin Downes
Ben DaviesBen Davies
and
Rusty MartinRusty Martin Jr.

Courageous was an amazing movie. (Did I already say that?)

This film is about 4 fathers who realize the need to stand up, protect their families, and in a word, be fathers. Adam Mitchell (Alex Kendrick) and his three fellow police officers sign a resolution to be better fathers. They know that they will be doubly accountable because of this, but with God's help, they know they can do it.

One of the chase scenes

This movie is rated PG-13, so it's kind of intense. But it is touching and truly moving.
Let's see if I can tell you why without giving anything important away..

(If you want everything to be a surprise, don't read any further!)

One reason why this is PG-13 is because a girl dies. They handled this very well. They didn't even film it at all, actually. They were told that something had happened, and there's no anything showed. (No anything = very bad grammar.)

I think one of the big reasons why this was rated what it was is because of one of the last scenes- it is a police chase scene, where a little girl is involved, and lots of shooting. (No one is killed, though.) After the scene ended, my heart was beating about a million miles an hour. (I am not an intense-movie kind of person, but this was worth watching!)


I strongly suggest you watch this, even if you don't like sad movies. This movie is made wonderfully, and the whole story is amazing.

Mary

P.S. Since this is my first movie review, I know it's kind of badly written but hopefully you get the pictures. Speaking of pictures, all of them are from http://www.courageousthemovie.com/. Thanks!

6 comments:

Laura Darling said...

Ooh now I want to see this!!

Heather (JesusChick) said...

I LOVE THAT MOVIE! Like so much :)) I died laughing at the "Snake King" scene ;)

Mary said...

I know, right JesusChick? So did I!!! I actually watched it again today because it rocks so much. Did you see in the special features the "Courageous in 60 seconds"? It is HILARIOUS!!!

Anonymous said...

Mary,
I have seen the movie. I thought it was great too!!!
I liked the "snake king" part also!!!
Didn't get to see the special features I rented the movie:(
Great pictures on your blog!!!
Bye,
Kathleen/George

Anonymous said...

Dear Mary,
I loved this movie too!!!
It is AMAZING!!!
Bye,
Rebecca/Bess Marvin:)

Heather (JesusChick) said...

No I didn't see it! Do you know if I could find it on youtube?? I'm really wanting to see it now :)