Jan 11, 2011

Update

Hey everybody, I might be a little late posting my Feminine Fashion Day 3 today because I am out of town for a little while. So I am so sorry if I have to upload it tomorrow. Right now I am at a library and I have been here for about half an hour. Usually it takes me a while to soak into all the books. :) I have found one book called Recipes for Our Daughters. It's a cookbook and it has some reeeeeally yummy looking ones! Here's one:
Broccoli-Rice Casserole
1 cup rice
One 10-ounce can cream of chicken soup
One 8-ounce jar of Cheez Whiz (love this stuff but it is so unhealthy!)
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) margarine
One 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli or spinach, thawed and well-drained
Crushed Ritz Crackers, for topping (optional)

1. preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease a large casserole dish.
3. In a heavy saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Add the rice, stir, cover the pan, and reduce the heat to very low.
4. While the rice is cooking, which should take about 20 minutes, combine the soup, Cheez Whiz, and margarine in a large saucepan and cook over low to medium heat until blended.
5. When the rice is cooked, add it- along with the broccoli -to the soup mixture. Stir to combine.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish and top with the crushed Ritz crackers, if desired.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.

Doesn't that sound delicious?!? We make a Broccoli casserole for holidays and this sounds like it, except the one we make doesn't have rice. I want to make this recipe for dinner tonight!!

P.S. I have lately become a big fan of the josties- on http://www.youtube.com/ look up Jostie Flicks and you will find it- I love it!

No comments: