Apr 6, 2011

My Adventure in Nancy's Kitchen

Today I got out my Nancy Drew Cookbook and had a cooking adventure!

First I made Twisted Candles Peach Crisp.
The recipe is from one of my favorite novels, the Sign of the Twisted Candles! :)
I drained most of the peach juice in the sink but dumped the peaches on a wire cooling rack and let the rest of the juice soak through. I dried of the peaches mostly by patting them with paper towels.

I mixed together the ingredients for the crisp part, and decided to leave some butter chunks in it. Butter chunks are soooo yummy.... :):) (like this post if you agree!!)

The recipe didn't take many ingredients, and it was super easy to make. The hardest part was letting it bake for 50 minutes!

I added the peach juice that dripped into a pan beneath the wire rack to make it more doughy.

I covered the peaches with the yummers!

Before baking


After baking



Next I made Souffle Gruen. It's actually more like a queiche.

The ingredients! This doesn't look nearly as appetizing as the crisp but if you're not in the sweet mood the finished result is what you care about!

Before baking

After baking

I served the crisp with peach ice cream. Surprisingly, peach ice cream tasted nothing like the canned peaches!

The quieche was good too. Not as good as I thought it would be, but hey, I guess back then they put eggs in milk for a treat!! (ew!)




So that was my adventure in Nancy's kitchen. I learned 2 things.

1. I love Twisted Candles Peach Crisp.
2. Souffle Gruen doesn't taste as good as the crisp.

:)

I love cooking. A lot of times I'm not in the mood, but when I am, I'm in the kitchen doing it! Haha.
What about you? Do you like cooking? Do you like Nancy's Cookbook?

Love yah!

P.S. If you have the cookbook and are making the peach crisp, I forgot to mention that I changed the recipe some. It doesn't say to add peach juice to the crisp topping but I did. :) That made the brown sugar caramelize!! Yummerz!

This post is on Raising Homemakers weekly link up. I'm No# 160!

No comments: