Aug 23, 2011

Acting Talent

This fall, I'm joining a homeschool acting group! I am SO excited and hopefully I will be able to continue with the group for a long time.

Acting is my pastime.
I never really acted before, I had been in a few plays at church and had done one acting summer camp- which I fell deeply in love with. I did that acting camp a few years back, and I wanted to do more so badly! It was one of the best experiences I've had.
But now, God has opened our hearts and we've decided that acting at that particular theater is not what He wants for us. I was so excited when I heard about the homeschool acting group. I wondered for a while if I would be able to do it. It was confirmed that I would be able to and I'm very impatient for it to start!
Not to long ago, I struggled with the fact that I felt like I didn't have anything that was mine. My sister is quite the chef, and my other sister is a great teacher. I had played around in a few things- ballet, swimming, gymnastics... now I have tap, and that makes me feel like it's mine. But I didn't feel like I have real talent for anything. Suddenly it occured to me that acting is my talent.
Theatre Production of "Oklahoma"
Acting is my passion.
I love acting with everything I am. I repeatedly tell others that I don't like to talk in front of people- unless I'm acting like someone else!
I still felt like I didn't have a sport or active thing for myself, but I read this in an acting booklet:
"It is good to be physically active for the stage, and to practice singing."
Hooray!!! I had something all to myself that was healthy and fun! The best part is that I enjoy it SO much. I don't understand how someone can be a "bad" actor/actress because it just makes so much sense to me. You say your lines and act like the character... but some people just can't do that. I'm completely confused at that concept..... but enough of that! :)

MORAL:
Praise God! I know, it's kind of hard to get that from this post, but that's my point!

P.S. I got all my pictures off Google Search!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm excited for you! I love acting too! As a matter of fact, I sent in my resume and photograph to a film company...they're keeping me in their files for a possible actress in their next project :)

Stay strong! And always look to HIM for guidance!

Blessings,
~Miss Raquel
www.God-sDaughter.blogspot.com

Jujube said...

Wow! I am so glad that you're going to act with that homeschool group! Acting is a wonderful experience. Enjoy doing it!